Less than 2 Weeks Left for the 10th Africa PPP Public Private Partnership Conference & Showcase
Cape Town, October 2018 – The 10th Africa Public Private Partnerships Conference and Showcase (Africa PPP) is taking place at the Cape Sun Hotel in Cape Town, South Africa, from 24 – 25 October 2018. Running successfully for a decade, Africa PPP is the leading event covering Public Private Partnerships in the African continent. The forum brings together various PPP units, project developers, financiers, multilateral institutions, legal advisors and other international key PPP stakeholders.
The 10th edition of Africa PPP, will be focusing on Energy, Transport and Water partnerships. The executive Mayor of the City of Cape Town, Patricia de Lille and the Chief Executive Officer of WESGRO, Tim Harris will be addressing at the opening ceremony. The event is sponsored by Nedbank CIB, Almar Water Solutions, Allen & Overy and Kukuza, with the support of NEPAD group. 47 expert speakers, from both the private and public sector, will share their expertise, present project opportunities and debate the current and future state of Public-Private Partnerships in the African Continent. The specialised conference has already over 130 confirmed high-level delegates from the related industries.
The Africa PPP Conference will showcase over 48 PPP projects spanning across the African continent. They will be presented by different PPP units from 12 African countries. Since its inception in 2009, Africa PPP has become a key platform for industry stakeholders to meet, discuss, debate and share PPP plans.
To commemorate the completion of a decade, there is a new addition to the agenda. There will be a pre-conference CPD certified training focusing on “Project Preparation Skills Development for Bankable PPPs” on the 23rd of October. The workshop will be addressed by Norma Sephuma, PPP Consultant, Sheila Galloway, Group Chief Executive Officer, Utho Capital, Kantha Rattay, Legal Consultant, KR Consulting and Mari Bruwer, Founder, MCA Consulting. The one-day workshop will enable attendees to delve into practical case studies and examples and learn the essentials of how to develop project assessment methodology. In-depth discussions will be held regarding the issues identified after the presentation of the case studies.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Keeta Shisholeka, Director, PPP Unit, Ministry of Finance, Zambia
- Sibusiso Zungu, Director, Allen & Overy
- Samuel Joseph, Chief General Manager, Export-Import Bank of India
- Shaheed Alli, Principal: Infrastructure, Private Sector and TMT Finance, Nedbank
- Symerre Grey Johnson, Head of Regional integration Infrastructure and Trade, NEPAD
- Judith Nyakawa, Acting Director of PPP Unit, National Treasury, Kenya
- Ben Brimble, Project Manager, Windlab
- Lucy Chege, Head – Energy, Environment and Information Communications Technologies (ICT), DBSA
- Elifas Luaanda, Acting Director, PPP Unit, Ministry of Finance, Namibia
- Beatrice Florah Ikilai, Acting Director, PPP Unit, Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development, Uganda