Luanda, December 2018: After 2 days of discussion on advancing local content across the oil and gas supply chain in African petroleum producing countries, some participants of the 2nd Africa Oil & Gas Local Content Conference & Exhibition (ALC 2018) visited the Sonils Logistics Base in Luanda, a practical example of Local Content in action.
The conference, organised by the African Petroleum Producers Organization (APPO), the Ministry of Mineral Resources and Petroleum of the Republic of Angola and AME Trade Ltd, gathered 267 delegates within the oil & gas industry from 23 countries. Government representatives, NOC’s, E&P companies, services providers and decision makers from APPO member countries took part at the lively discussions, aiming at stimulating Africa local content within the petroleum sector. Thanks to the 40 keynote speakers, all participants have now all the keys needed to develop local content strategy in African petroleum producing countries.
The opening ceremony started with the addresses and remarks of Mahad Ahmed, Managing Director of AME Trade, Andre Kostelnik, Lead Country Manager of ExxonMobil in Angola, Olivier Jouny, Managing Director of Total E&P Angola, H.E. Mahaman Laouan Gaya, Secretary General of APPO, Hon. Paulino Fernandes Jerônimo, Secretary of State for Petroleum Ministry and Hon. Frederico Cardoso, Minister of State and Head of the Civil House of the President of the Republic of Angola.
Throughout the 2-day conference, all aspects of local content have been reviewed: current challenges & opportunities, successful examples, policy & regulatory frameworks, partnership models & mechanisms, financing options, local financing structures, local competency and capacities development through training.
Keynote speakers including:
- Dr Kofi Konadu Sarpong, Chief Executive Officer, Ghana National Petroleum Company
- Isalino Márcio João, Service Quality and HSE Manager, Angola, Congo and DRC, Halliburton
- Paul Eardley-Taylor, Head of Oil and Gas Southern Africa, Standard Bank
- Jessica Hand, British Ambassador for Angola
- Pedro Guimarães, Partner, FCB Sociedade de Avogados
- Dr Lahra Liberti, Head of Unit: National Resources Development, OECD
- Abdulmalik Halilu, General Manager, Nigerian Content Development and Monitoring Board (NCDMB)
- Bráulio de Brito, Executive Director, AECIPA
- Henrik Fredborg Larsen, Country Director, UNDP
- Victor Tivane, Local Content Director, ENH
- Alexandre Gorito, Senior Partner and Managing Director, The Boston Consulting Group
ALC 2018 was sponsored by Total, ExxonMobil, Halliburton, Standard Bank, Schlumberger, Munich Partners, FCB Glocal, Paenal, Friburge Oil & Gas and supported by the UK Angola Chamber of Commerce, AECIPA, Business France, Lonadek, Angola India Chamber and Angolan Merchant Officers Association.