Under the theme of ADVANCING LOCAL CONTENT ACROSS THE OIL AND GAS SUPPLY CHAIN IN AFRICAN PETROLEUM PRODUCING COUNTRIES, ALC 2018 conference programme included discussions on:
1. Global Local Content initiatives;
2. Best Practice Case Studies: IOC-NOC partnerships for the advancement of Local Content;
3. Funding Local Content in the oil and gas value chain;
4. Country specific development on Local Content;
5. Development of local competencies;
6. How we made it : successful indigenous operators and suppliers’ panel;
7. Advancing local entities: Increasing competitiveness, capacity and employment.
The draft APPO Guide for the promotion of Local Content was also presented to the participants by Jus Africa.
Under the high patronage of H.E.M. João Lourenço, President of the Republic of Angola, the opening ceremony of the Conference–Exhibition was presided by H.E.M. Federico Cardoso, Minister of State and Head of Cabinet of the President of the Republic of Angola, representing the President of the Republic of Angola, on November 26, 2018 in Luanda.
During the event ten recommendations were formulated. The implementation of these recommendations would certainly promote the development of Local Content in the oil and gas sector. The recommendations can be found in the 2018 Post Show report