Holds a Master’s degree in African Integration Law and WTO Law and a Master’s degree in International Relations at Cheikh Anta DIOP University in Dakar (Senegal).
Project Management Training at the Dakar Resource Center of Alioune DIOP University in Bambey (Senegal);
Holder of a certificate of training in the extractive industries sector at the Catholic University of Yaoundé;
Researcher in Mining Law for 13 years; and International Expert in the Artisanal Mining and Small Scale Mining Sector (EMAPE).
Cherif is currently working with the Artisanal Gold Council (AGC), a Canadian NGO, as West African Country Manager in the Gold Mining sector and in particular the mercury issue.
He has extensive experience in community development, and in mining activities.
He had to work with:
– OXFAM, in the Extractive Industries Department;
– Amnesty International Section Senegal, as an expert on mining law;
– SADEV, as Project Coordinator, local NGO based in Kédougou;
– UNIDO (United Nations Industrial Development Organization) as National Expert in the Gold Mining Sector;
– Currently, West African Country Manager (MCO).
He has also worked in several West African countries in the gold mining sector