SESSION 4: INVESTING IN DISRUPTOR MINING TECHNOLOGY
09:00 As developments in digital technology provide mining companies with more and more opportunities to increase productivity and lower operational costs, it is vital that stakeholders discuss the next steps in investing in disruptor technology:
- Who are the major strategic and financial partners advancing digital mining technologies?
- The role of digital technology improving exploration techniques and lowering investment risk
- Onsite electricity generation- the answer to lowering costs?
- Balancing automation and efficiency with current labour laws and local content policies
- Overcoming adoption barriers to smoothly integrate green and digital technologies
Moderator: Akshai Fofaria, Partner, Pinsent Masons
René Zarske, Project Manager- Mining, Southern African – German Chamber of Commerce and Industry NPC
Gabriele Ruggiero, Key Account Sales Executive, Pix4d
Tawana Kupe, Professor, Wits Mining Institute