- Mr. Alok Shrivastava, is a graduate in mining engineering from Indian Institute of Engineering Science & Technology (formerly Bengal Engineering College), Shibpur (India) and also have the First class Mine Manager’s Certificate of Competency (Restricted to Open cast Mines) from Director General of Mine’s Safety (India).
- He has undergone training in mining operation & planning at BHPE-Kinhill, Australia. He also attended course on Quantitative Management Techniques at Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad, (India) and on Excellence in Leadership at Administrative Staff College of India, Hyderabad and Maastricht School of Management, Netherlands, Europe.
- A Mining Professional of more than 39 years of progressive experience in mining industry Mr. Shrivastava has direct working exposure and experience in entire gamut of mining activities such as Allocation & operationalization of Mining Leases, Environment & Forest matters related to mining operations, Mineral Exploration, Mine Planning & Operations, Materials & Contract Management & Shipping.
- Mr Shrivastava started his career as trainee in the Raw Material Division of Steel Authority of India Ltd. rose to become In charge of the Raw Materials Division of Steel Authority of India Limited directly managing 26 mining leases of Iron Ore, Limestone & Dolomite administratively clubbed under 12 mines with production capacity of 29.95 million tonnes and spread over three states of India. In Steel Authority of India Ltd he was also in charge of Transport & Shipping of charting of vessels for inbound & outbound shipping cargo. He was also Chairman of S&T Mining (A joint venture of SAIL & Tata Steel) guiding the evolvement of the company as a significant player in the field of coking coal mining & beneficiation in India.
- Presently Mr. Shrivastava is the MD & CEO of ICVL-Mozambique looking after ICVL’s coal assets in Mozambique.