Steve Wilson is a Vice President of Anadarko Corporation and their Country manager for Mozambique, based in Maputo. He is responsible for leading all Mozambique in-country activities, including:
- Managing and growing the country’s offices and developing the national workforce
- Engagement with Mozambique government officials and regulatory bodies
- Relationships with industry partners, local communities and other stakeholders
- Securing all decisions and approvals for project Final Investment Decision
- Ensuring smooth delivery of the project to first production
- Delivery of domestic gas and development of associated industries in Mozambique
Wilson has 36 years business experience across all aspects of the Upstream Value Chain, when he has lived and worked in North & South America, Europe, Africa, Asia and The Middle East, during his career with Chevron and Schlumberger. He took up his current position in East Africa in November 2017.
He held numerous leadership positions during his previous career with Chevron, four times as head of country operations in Norway, Denmark, Bangladesh & latterly China, representing the company at the highest levels of government. His final position was in Houston, leading Chevron’s Global Business Development.
Wilson has served in a variety of advisory roles including Vice President of the Foreign Investors Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Bangladesh, Chairman of the British Chamber of Commerce in Denmark, and a Board member of the American Chamber of Commerce in Norway. He is a former Governor of Rossall School, Board Member of the British School of Caracas and an Advisory Board member for the Asian University for Women.
He holds Masters Degrees in Chemical and Petroleum Engineering from Cambridge University and Imperial College, London, and an MBA from London’s City University Cass Business School.
A British citizen, Wilson is married with three adult children.