Mining is the most important sector in the economy of the Republic of Guinea, however, the industry has suffered some major setbacks, notably with the strike of the Ebola epidemic which stalled promising economic growth.
In a bid to promote Guinea as an attractive and ideal mining investment destination, The Ministry of Mines and Geology, Republic of Guinea, in association with AME Trade Ltd, United Kingdom have once again organised the definitive Symposium Mines Guinea (SMG 2017). The conference will be taking place from 09 – 11 May 2017, in Conakry, Republic of Guinea. Now in its 5th edition, Symposium Mines Guinea is firmly established as the largest mining event currently organised in West Africa.
The theme for the 2017 programme is: The Mining Sector: The Key To Transforming The National Economy For The Benefit Of All Actors. In support of this and the government’s vision for the mining industry, the cutting-edge 2017 agenda will tackle some of the following topics:
- Essential tools for attracting mining investment to the Republic of Guinea
- Financing mining activities in the Republic of Guinea
- Special focus sessions on Gold, Bauxite, Diamonds, Iron Ore
- A geological overview of the Republic of Guinea
- How can partnerships in infrastructure act as a catalyst for the growth of the mining sector
- Empowering the mining sector through an adequate supply of energy
- Local content policies and implementation for economic growth
- How can small scale and artisanal mining develop into a regulated workforce?
- Protecting the social and physical environment
- Benefits of corporate social responsibility programmes
Symposium Mines Guinea 2017 will also shine the spotlight on how the government plans to construct a world class laboratory under a PPP arrangement. Another key SMG feature will be the unveiling of the mining data room, which will be used to gather information on new potential mining projects in the Republic of Guinea. Geological data will be presented by local permit holders who are looking for investment or project partnership. Data will be available before the event for potential investors to study.
For more information about the event, please contact the event team or by phone +44 207 700 4949.