Committed to affecting sustainable change for the mining and energy sectors in Zambia, ZIMEC is back for its 8th edition showcasing the dynamism and progress of the extractive industry and serving the region’s mining and energy communities with an authoritative and lucrative platform to brand, learn and synergise with the promulgators of the industry.
With the current theme “Invest in Zambia – Generating Value, Diversity and Growth Through Collaboration” in mind, the 8th Zambia International Mining & Energy Conference & Exhibition is taking place in Lusaka, Zambia from 21-22 June 2018.
”It was a very well refined learning experience that gave an insight into real issues on energy and mining. As well as an insight of how committed FQM is to empowering and assisting the vulnerable in their area of operations and mining at Kalumbila Mine.”
“The exposure to the Mining environment has been extremely opportunistic since we were exposed to the ZIMEC platform. We identified our challenges and possibilities to improve our goals and objectives and met with most of the big mining operational companies to discuss our strategic planning for 2018. The stage has been set and now we have to play our role.”
“Well organised and presented. Good quality attendance.”
“They keynote speech by the Republic of Zambia’s Vice President provided a clear roadmap for mining and energy investment form the governments point of view and set the tone for very fruitful presentations and discussions.”
Established high-level international event promoting and focusing on the Zambian mining and energy sectors
• Unrivalled networking opportunity, featuring numerous social functions
• Attended by the top decision makers from both private and public sectors
• The 2016 event was host to 300 visitors, 235 delegates, 43 exhibitors, 35 speakers, 22 media partners and 4 sponsors
• Excellent global media coverage
• Outcomes from discussions at the event will be used with information to assist the further development of both sectors