For 6 years, ZIMEC has played a pivotal role in shaping a sustainable growth path for the development of Zambia’s mining and energy sectors.
Around 70% of Zambia’s earnings currently depend on copper mining while over 90% of electricity is generated via hydro. Zambia’s economic sustainability in these challenges times, lies in diversifying from copper and hydropower, and attracting the necessary investments to strengthen the mining sector and increase electricity capacity through alternative renewable power sources.
With this in mind, the 7th Annual Zambia International Mining and Energy conference and exhibition (ZIMEC 2017) under the theme of Mining and Energy Development in Zambia – Increasing Economic Activities, will take place from 22 – 23 June 2017.
The event will once again bring together government, industry players, and other stakeholders to connect, share idea and continue strengthening the country’s economy.
We look forward to welcoming you to Lusaka!
Established high-level international event promoting and focusing on the Zambian mining and energy sectors
• Unrivalled networking opportunity, featuring numerous social functions
• Attended by the top decision makers from both private and public sectors
• The 2016 event was host to 300 visitors, 235 delegates, 43 exhibitors, 35 speakers, 22 media partners and 4 sponsors
• Excellent global media coverage
• Outcomes from discussions at the event will be used additional information to assist the further development of both sectors
”It was a very well refined learning experience that gave an insight into real issues on energy and mining. As well as an insight of how committed FQM is to empowering and assisting the vulnerable in their area of operations and mining at Kalumbila Mine.”
”First time to attend the exhibition and I am impressed with the quality of exhibitors.”
”I have been exposed to different great things!”