ZIMEC 2018: Less than 2 weeks to go for the Largest Government Supported Mining & Energy Event in Zambia
Lusaka, Zambia – 04 June, 2018: The 8th Annual Zambia International Mining and Energy conference and exhibition (ZIMEC 2018) will take place at the Mulungushi International Conference Centre in Lusaka, from the 21-22 June 2018. With the related current theme “Invest in Zambia – Generating Value, Diversity and Growth through Collaboration” in mind, ZIMEC 2018 aims to continue to play an integral part in shaping a sustainable growth path for the mining and energy sectors in Zambia.
The event is being hosted at the ideal time, as Zambia’s current economy is highly lucrative. 2018 is expected to be booming for Zambia’s mining sector with the upsurge in copper production due to the soaring commodity prices and stable political regime. Zambia’s renewable energy market is also thriving with the country attracting vast Foreign Direct Investment as well as securing $52.5m from Green Climate.
Keeping the current developments in mind, ZIMEC 2018 will have two conference streams: Mining in Zambia and Power in Zambia. Both streams will consist of two days of dedicated conference sessions, joint exhibition, industry related workshops and robust panel discussions delving into the critical factors prevalent in the industries. The event will provide the opportunity for leading figures within the African mining & energy scenes to convene and discuss the current importance of innovation and prospective ventures in Zambia at a time when the nation’s mining and energy sectors are booming.
“The entire programme arranged by ZIMEC was excellent. The arrangements were professional
and the organisers are well equipped and very professional.” Past Sponsor | ZIMEC 2017.
The event is the optimal opportunity to network and discuss with Zambia’s main political, economic and institutional decision makers. 2018 sponsors list include big names such as Mopani Copper Mines, First Quantum Minerals, Barrick Gold, Copperbelt Energy Corporation, ABB Zambia and Concrete Canvas. Key topics will include current and upcoming projects and gain useful insights into current trends of the mining and energy sectors.
Key Sessions Include:
- Collaborating to create cost competitive and mutually beneficial regulatory frameworks.
- Strengthening and diversifying the mining industry
- Expanding and updating the grid
- Financing energy and mining projects
- Promoting inclusive and sustainable growth
- Promoting sustainable mining practices
- Zambia’s new energy mix
Eminent Experts in the Extractives Sector speaking at ZIMEC 2018:
- Victor Lusambo, Chief Geologost, GoviEx Uranium
- Jackson Sikamo, Chairman, Chibuluma Mines
- Bernard Tembo, Research Fellow, ZIPAR
- Evert Swanpoel, Centre Directo, Copper Development Association of Africa
- Will Pearson, Managing Director, Triskel Africa, Coordinator of GET FiT-Zambia, KfW
- Andreas Zahner, Program Director, REEEP
- Inge Stølen, Senior Investment Manager, Norfund
- James Blewett, Team Leader, Private Enterprise Programme, Zambia
- Simon Lester, Business Development Manager (sub-Saharan Africa) Concrete Canvas Ltd.
- Simon Njovu, President, Small Scale Miners Association Zambia
- Dr Wilfred C. Lombe, Independent Consultant
- Siforiano S. Banda, Head, Zambia EITI Secretariat
- William Dryer, Director, Buffalo Energy