SESSION 5: EXTRACTIVE INDUSTRIES, DEVELOPMENT OF LOCAL CONTENT AND OF RIPARIAN COMMUNITIES
Local experts and stakeholders will discuss reconciling the needs of government, international companies and local communities to create local training initiatives
- Developing a multi-stakeholder approach to training initiatives
- The next steps to integrate women into the mining and petroleum workforce
- Developing a template for integrating women into mining operations
- Striking the balance between ‘on the job training’ and formal training
- What are the next steps to regulating artisanal mining?
- How can public and private sector stakeholders collaborate to ensure artisanal mining operations are safe and sustainable?
- Setting up local training initiatives to improve the safety of artisanal mining