Environment & Sustainable Development
In order to promote the mining sector in the framework of sustainable development, optimisation activity must be implemented to tackle the issue of technical weaknesses and move to increased output, profitability and to improve security on worksites while reducing the impact on the environment.
- How effective is current environmental legislation?
- Programmes and strategies for environmental protection
- How to succeed in the environmental management of artisanal and small-scale miners
- Mine remediation
- Avoiding misalliances between CSR projects and local community expectations
- Social responsibility of companies to local communities
- Dealing with the social economic environmental impact of mining, relocation of communities, loss of land and social degradation